The Elementary School strives to build on previously learned skills by using proven, established curriculum and teaching techniques in conjunction with the academic goals of our secondary schools to prepare students for college and for life.
- Language Arts - A Balanced Literacy approach is implemented in all grades and includes instruction in 7 areas: Reading Aloud, Shared Reading, Guided Reading, Independent Reading, Modeled/Shared Writing, Interactive Writing, and Independent Writing. Phonemic awareness, phonics, word study, fluency, vocabulary and text comprehension are integrated within these areas.
- Math - Problem-solving approach with hands-on activities are integrated with the curriculum to develop concepts and fundamental skills.
- Science - Hands-on experiments are used to engage students' critical thinking, and student-centered lessons are implemented to bring science alive.
- Social Studies - A study of the community, the environment and the relationship between the past and present helps students develop the understanding needed to become productive citizens.
- Bible - Each grade's Bible curriculum is a blend of creative Bible teaching with relevant life application. Daily chapel engages students in worship together, including: singing, focused prayer time and student-led presentations.
- Technology - Each classroom is equipped with current technology for classroom presentations. Weekly classes are taught in a lab setting for student exploration and skill development, and two iPad carts are available for the classroom use throughout the elementary school.
- Spanish - Students are instructed in the basics of the Spanish language and culture through storytelling and reading.
- Physical Education - Developing life-long healthy habits of exercise and nutrition is the program's goal.
- Music - In the music classroom, students are exposed to the different elements of music including rythmic and melodic reading and writing, form, inner hearing and artistic expression. In addition to the musical literacy and quality performance, it is the goal of the lower-school music program for children to love music. We are striving to bring glory to God as we develop and share the musical gifts He has given us.