Afford DC - Financial Aid Information
Many parents seeking a college preparatory education often consider private, Christian schools. Parents understand the benefits of excellent teaching and learning, teachers that both model a Christ-centered life and integrate biblical values in their classrooms, and a real sense of community. For some families, the only obstacle they see is the cost to fund this long-term investment. For over 60 years, Dallas Christian has always been intentional to provide financial assistance for families that have a demonstrated need. We are a better school when we better represent the socioeconomic diversity of the kingdom of God. We also realize that while many of our families apply and qualify for some level of financial assistance, other families have been blessed and are able to take advantage of some of the other vehicles to fund their child’s education. Therefore, we want families to be aware of the many options available for affording a private school education including: need-based financial aid, 529 savings plans, and other available discounts and payment plans.
Need-based financial aid is awarded to families based on documented financial need. Families interested simply submit an online application to FACTS. FACTS is a confidential third party that specializes in assisting private schools across the country in verifying financial need. They analyze the family’s profile and make a recommendation to the school. DC expects the family to take primary responsibility for the cost of their student’s education. Still, we recognize the sacrifices parents make to enroll their student in an independent school. We are determined to provide students with access to all of the opportunities that we offer-as requests for aid and financial resources allow.
Need based financial aid is awarded annually, and renewal is not automatic or guaranteed as funds may vary and the family’s finances may change. Therefore, families are required to submit applications annually.
Financial Aid and Discounts
- Need-based Financial Aid: Families interested simply submit an online application to a confidential third-party service, FACTS. Following an analysis of your profile, a recommendation is made to our administration and, if qualified, financial aid is offered.
- Payment Options & Discounts: DC offers several payment options including, an early pay discount if paying in full by March 1st, a full pay discount if paying by June 1st, & an interest-free financing for monthly payments
- 529 savings plan: The 2018 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act made changes to the 529 savings plans, allowing for withdrawals for private K-12 grade tuition. Prior to this, 529 earnings growth and withdrawals were only tax-free when used to pay for higher education costs. Now parents can choose to withdraw up to $10,000 per year tax-free for Elementary to High School expenses. Talk to your tax advisor to see if you can benefit from this option.
- Multiple Child Discount: DC offers families a 10% discount for third and subsequent children enrolled at DC.
First Responders and Active Military Tuition Assistance Program
Dallas Christian is Proud to Offer a First Responders and Active Military Tuition Assistance Program
Firefighters, law enforcement, paramedics, and other first responders can receive a 20% tuition credit as our appreciation for the significant contributions they make to our communities. Dallas Christian is committed to providing world-class education and helping students achieve their educational goals, in whatever way we can.
As a way of saying thank you, we are proud to provide local first responders the following benefits:
- 20% tuition credit
- Additional need-based financial aid, if you qualify.
To receive additional financial aid, you must complete the financial aid application through FACTS.
Students must apply and meet general admission requirements.
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
- You are welcome to apply for financial as you start your application for admission. An award amount will be given to your family upon acceptance to Dallas Christian School.
- Must complete FACTS Grant & Aid application
- Provide most recent W-2 Form
- Academics, Behavior, School Involvement, and Financial Need all contribute to the decision of the committee
- Financial aid application must be completed annually for returning students
- FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
FACTS Confirmation Notice - Once your information is received and processed by FACTS, you will receive a confirmation notice. This notice will confirm your payment plan information. Please check this information for accuracy, and contact your school or FACTS with any discrepancies.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my information secure? Yes. Your personal information, including payment information, is protected with the highest security standards in the industry. For more information on security, visit FACTSmgt.com/Security-Compliance.
- When will my payments be due? Your payment schedule is set by your school, and your financial institution will decide the time of day your payments are processed.
- What happens when my payment falls on a weekend or a holiday? Your payment will be processed on the next business day.
- What happens if a payment is returned? Returned payments may be subject to a FACTS returned payment fee. Watch for a returned payment notice for additional information.
- How do I make changes once my agreement is on the FACTS system? Changes to your address, phone number, email address, or banking information can be made at Online.FACTSmgt.com or by contacting your school or FACTS. Any changes to payment dates or amounts need to be approved by the school and the school will then need to notify FACTS. All changes must be received by FACTS at least two business days prior to the automatic payment date in order to affect the upcoming payment.
- What is the cost to set up a payment plan? If an enrollment fee is due, the amount of the fee is indicated when setting up your agreement. If applicable, the nonrefundable FACTS enrollment fee will be automatically processed within 14 days of the agreement being posted to the FACTS system.
FACTS Customer Service - We are committed to doing all we can to provide you with the highest quality customer service in the industry. Whether you want to view your account online or speak with one of our highly trained customer service representatives, FACTS is dedicated to serving you. To view your payment plan details, log in to your FACTS account at Online.FACTSmgt.com. Customer Care Representatives are also available to assist you 24/7.